Sunday, February 05, 2012

6.8 Magnitude Quake in Cebu Philippines

Past the hour of 11 o' clock in the morning I was in SM Mall in the center of Cebu checking for some household things, when the floor start shaking a Quake I thought it was just a normal building shaking because of some construction work being done, and then I heard things falling from high compartments of the malls item compartments, then people start making loud noises and running.

I was so afraid but then after that, I still managed to check three things that I wish to buy, my lunch box, utensil compartments and as well as my rice cooker.

So it took time before I went to the cashier to pay, and when I was paying, the quake happened again a much lesser intensity, but it was terrifying, I should be going to the supermarket in the lower ground, but I decided to go home, and then SM mall announced in the local language first, that stores should be closed and people have to slowly evacuate the premise.

What I noticed too is that SM employees don't know where to run and go, I think they should have training and they should be the one guiding the customers.

Frightening experience!

4 comments:

Your Daily Corner said...

I heard from a radio show while I was taking the cab that it was 6.8 magnitude, but I saw my friends online post, that its 5.6 magnitude quake, sorry for the wrong info.

Your Daily Corner said...

actually I just searched google, and most news sites also says its 6.8 magnitude

Admin said...

should be 6.7 http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usb0007wgq.php

Your Daily Corner said...

thanks, i saw many records i think because it happened in several places, like I called Brother Yoo, he said they didn't feel much of it in Ayala Mall.