Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Price of Hardwork

I started working when I was 17, I initially worked in a Quick Service Restaurants here in the Philippines. Employees in this type of business are immersed into a large pool of competition, we received intensive training, especially in everything we need to learn about self management.

I was the youngest employee to have the opportunity to be a team leader, taking most of the responsibility and I know I have to do very good. Since then I started to exceed everyone's expectation, I always make things all taken cared of.

When I shifted to a different industry, the Call Center; Outsourcing Business, I welcomed a lot more opportunities to improve, things that I don't do before were worked down in the training. I feel becoming a risk taker, I always do my best. Taking a lead all the time.

I just don't get it, I worked very hard, contribute for the company, help the company earn good, but what do I get? I worked hard and somebody else will do the reaping.

Why do all the things I worked hard for are accounted to other people, is it because I don't put myself in too much? or I might be the type that just wait for the promotion. But I don't get it, someone else takes the fruits of my hardwork. Well one thing I know for sure, things are getting twisted and are getting more difficult, this present wicked system is very unfair to those doing it the right way. And the only thing I hope for is God's help. And have more patience, more and more.

4 comments:

Nerissa said...

sometimes hardwork doesn't pay off. It doesn't mean though, we need to get lousy. Life is unfair and it will always be. It's hard to do but let me just say, let's always take an extra mile in everything we do.....keep on blogging!

agratefulheart said...

i agree with Neriz, sometimes we just don't get what we deserve and someone else gets the credits, this situation would help realize that those things are not really meant for us...teach us to see what is fair what what is not, and it's up to us to decide if we would live with it or make a change..and I'm happy that we both decided to make a change. See it as an opportunity for something great that you have now.

Helena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helena said...

hi! jerry- long time no see.

wow..u have a good friend to give u word of encouragement.

the long hour in hard time bring with u as a reward, not only money, but also appetite for pleasure..
it will be make a sacrifice of urself sometime.

i am at a loss for word typing in english.. also speaking..haha~ :(

anyway everything will be good! go for it! ..and happy new year! ^ㅡ^

from. ur friend in korea